Monday, February 8, 2016

Secure without Fear

Is it possible to live a secure life without fear? The Bible teaches it is possible, but it can only be through God's wisdom. There is a word of wisdom for you today. God's word for you says, "whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil" (Proverbs 1:33). Life secure without fear comes only from God.

Fear is defeated and security comes only through God's words of promise. They are words of the Spirit, ancient words that have power to drive away fear, bring security from God. God's Spirit moves in many ways. One way is through words. The words of Scripture are words of the Spirit. God says to you, "Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you" (Proverbs 1:23). 

Read God's words in the Bible. Meditate upon them. Read them out loud, slowly with repetition, until they become a part of you. God's Spirit will use them to give you wisdom, delivering you from fear, bringing security. The psalmist knew the power of God's words. He said to God, "The entrance of Your words gives light" (Psalm 119:130).

Now, meditate upon these words from God. Say them out loud, slowly with repetition. "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6). These are words of the Spirit. They bring security without fear.