Friday, July 3, 2015

When You Worry

Vance Havner said, "Worry is like a rocking chair. It won't get you anywhere, but it will give you something to do." Do you often worry? Does it do any good? You may say, "I can't help it." I hope you don't believe that. The Bible teaches there is something you can do. "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done" (Philippians 4:6, NLT).

When worry comes your way, it's time to pray. You have a heavenly Father who cares about you. He will answer your prayers. No problem you encounter is beyond the help of our God. Not only can He help you, but He will help you.

Said the robin to the sparrow, "Why do these human beings run around and worry so?" Said the sparrow to the robin, "Surely it must be, they have no heavenly Father like you and me." Jesus taught that if God feeds the sparrow, surely He will take care of His children. You are more important to Him than a sparrow.

Worry is no friend to faith. They are in disagreement. Worry frets and says, "What am I going to do? There is no one to help me." Faith looks to God as a loving heavenly Father, and says, "I trust God to help me. He's my Father. I'm His child." If we love and care for our children, how much more will our heavenly Father care for us? When you worry, remember God cares about you.