Friday, May 22, 2015

Receive God's Help

A woman said to her friend, "I know that you have a lot of problems. Why don't we pray for the God's help in your life?" Her friend said, "Why would God want to help me? I've never done much for Him." The woman replied, "It's not about what we've done for Him. It's about what He has done for us. He has promised to help us." 

God has given every believer many promises of His help in the Bible. They are covenant promises, because God has sworn with an oath to help those who trust Him. When people testify in court, they must take an oath to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth. God tells the truth, and nothing but the truth. His covenant word is His promise. His oath is the sure and steadfast word to all who believe. "God, who cannot lie, promised before time began" (Titus 1:2).

You need not plead nor beg God for help. Only believe. Trust His word. Thank Him that He is helping you. Doubt prays, "O God, will You please help me. I beg of You. Why won't You help me?" Faith prays, "God, You have promised to help me as a believer. I trust Your Word. Thank You for helping me." While doubt may beg God for help, faith simply takes God at His word. 

Your prayer of giving thanks is the way to express your faith that God is helping you. When you need help, the Helper is there. Trust Him. Confess His word of promise. Thank Him. "So we may boldly say, 'The LORD is my helper" (Hebrews 13:6).