Sunday, April 20, 2014

Christ Lives in Me

"But when it pleased God, who separated me
from my mother's womb and called me
by His grace, to reveal His Son in me . . ."

Galatians 1:15

Two college students were discussing the resurrection of Christ. One of them said, "I would like to believe that there is life after death, and that Jesus is risen from the dead, but it is simply scientifically unbelievable." The other student said, "I know Christ lives because He changed my life." That young man had been addicted to drugs and a lifestyle of failure. He remembered well the night when he called upon the Lord, asking Him to change his life. Before that night, he constantly found himself helpless to change his own life.

Galatians 1:15 is the apostle Paul's testimony. He had been self-righteous, involved in religion that couldn't change his life. He boasted with pride of how much better that he was than others. He knew about God, but didn't have a personal relationship with him through Christ. Unexpectedly, God's grace was revealed to him as he traveled down the road. The living Christ was revealed in him. He discovered that it's by God's grace, not our self-righteousness, that we can have a personal relationship with God through Christ.

Has Jesus Christ changed your life? If He has, then you know it's all because of the grace of God. His unmerited favor is at work in our lives. Your changed life is a testimony that someone needs to hear. Look for the opportunities that God gives you to tell others what Christ has done for you. His grace that has changed you, can also change them. You can say, "Christ lives in me."


Father, thank You for Christ who lives in me.